Monday 8 November 2010

Initial Ideas

First I decided what initial ideas I was going to do, I decided to pick 4 initial ideas and pick the one that appealed to me most.

1. Back Of The Net. Young boy gets scouted by high team, goes to training, goes well and gets a trial at the high team, scene cuts to high team training and ends on a cliffhanger.
Location: Goals, Office, Street/Garden
Genre: Sport/Drama
Target Audience: Teenagers 13-19, anyone interested in football.

2. Five Finger Discount. Group of robbers rob a jewellery store stealing everything they can. As they leave 1 of the robbers gets shot by the owner and held hostage, the robbers then try and get there companion back.
Location: Jewellers
Genre: Action/Drama
Target Audience: 15+

3. Don't Cross The White Line. Drug dealers get caught dealing drugs to minors and get caught by the police and thrown in jail, they have to break out 15 years later and go and track down the policeman who put them away in the first place. The title Cross The White Line refers to a line of drugs and crossing a metaphorical line.
Location: School, Alleys, Police Cell
Genre: Thriller
Target Audience: 15+

4. Bad Dream on Edward Avenue. Spoof of Nightmare on Elm Street, young teenagers move into a flat once owned by the worst serial killer in the world, when they fall asleep he tries to attack them in their sleep with hilarious consequences.
Location: Flat, Streets
Genre: Horror/Comedy
Target Audience:15+

After I thought about what I would do with all the initial ideas I decided I was going to do Back Of The Net as this one grabbed my attention the most and the location of the scenes would be easier to film than a jewellers or police cell for example.

I decided I was going to do this genre as well because it appealed to me the most as I am extremely interested in sports especially football, and I believe that sports is the most easy genre to film as it involves just following the action, there doesn't really need to be a back story filmed. The teaser trailer can just be about the main idea you have, only in the film would you have to include other little stories parallel to the main story

No comments:

Post a Comment